[Ardour-Users] Ardour input level issues

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Wed Oct 24 02:03:50 PDT 2007

Am Mittwoch, 24. Oktober 2007 schrieb Thomas Dermako:
> I can't seem to get an accurate reading of input levels in Ardour2. When my
> little Behringer input mixer shows a good (near but not over 0 db) level
> and the ardour meter shows -8 or better, I get serious distortion on
> playback. Monitoring sounds fine. Only way to get an accurate reading it

I wouldn't give to much on the readings of the behringer. At least compared to
what Paul Davis and Steve Harris (*) do in software, the Behringer devices
are crap.
And if the software shows a maximum level that comes from the soundcard, the
input is distorted. And the same goes for levels going out of the
soundcard...

Have a nice day,

Arnold

(*) Fons Adriansen also does magic in software that is far beyond the
Behringer series :-)
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---