[Ardour-Users] Pitch shifting, AU Plugs? :-)

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Oct 12 16:03:21 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 18:57 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 18:55 -0400, Michael Dunn wrote:
> > >  >    Any chance the OSX version will ever support AU plugs?  Looks like
> > >  > for now I'll be doing my pitch-shifting in Garage Band or Amadeus or
> > >
> > >the native one will.
> >
> >     Cool!  Hang on.  Do you mean a *real* native version, or just 2.1?
> > You shouldn't call it native just because it's bundled with X11...

oh, another thing. the 2.1 DMG is not bundled with X11 - it *requires*
X11, which is precisely why we're try to move away from it. not only
does it require a package that hardly any OS X users have installed, but
as a result of some wierd decisions by Apple, it is also unable to
integrate with the rest of the OS X environment (e.g. Drag-n-Drop
doesn't work).

the "native" version doesn't use X11, has a top menu bar, supports DnD
for import/embed etc etc.