[Ardour-Users] Ardour 2,1 released

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at doink.com
Thu Oct 4 23:06:11 PDT 2007

On 28 September 2007 at 14:09, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> Ready to make music on those long nights after the clocks change up
> north? Ready to make music in the bright summer evenings down south?
> Ardour 2.1 squeaks out in time for both hemispheres to enjoy it. A few
> brand new features, including native (X11-free) OS X support, and a
> heap of important bug fixes, are there to make the upgrade worth your
> time. Source code is available as usual:
>
> 	http://ardour.org/files/releases/ardour-2.1.tar.bz2

I built 2.1 without issues the same day it was announced.  But,
I only got a chance to try it out tonight.  What a joy it is to
use.  I resurrected some WAV files from a friends recording that
was done with ProTools, roughly lined up the regions.  I did lots
of work with playing various combinations of soloed tracks.

I did find one thing that seemed to cause a lockup.  I tried to
audition a region from the region importer with the "Copy" button
unchecked.  After that one of my CPUs went to 101% and stayed
there until I killed ardour.  No other problems were observed.

Next week I'll get back at very fine alignment of the tracks, a rough
mix, and then maybe start tracking some drums or electric gtr.

Thanks Paul and all the developers & testers!!!

--
Kevin