[Ardour-Users] Ardour 2,1 released

Michael Dunn md at cantares.on.ca
Wed Oct 3 22:45:51 PDT 2007

>brand new features, including native (X11-free) OS X support, and a

    Huh???  I must be really stupid, because it sure looks to me like
X11 is still there...

>     * new JACK control dialog
>
>	* if you don't want to use qjackctl and don't require
>	   and external JACK patcher (i.e. "Let me just run Ardour,
>	   dammit!") this dialog will you configure JACK. It only
>	   appears (as a tab in the new session dialog) if JACK
>	   is not running when Ardour is started.

    One still needs to set the proper sample rate using Jack, one way
or another.  It'd be real nice if a project knew what sample rate it
was and behaved accordingly, regardless of whether Jack was there or
not.  Also, when I disconnected Jack using the menu, it crashed
(Jack, not Ardour).

    Hmmm, in the startup dialog, I can't change any of the advanced
audio settings.

    "Please wait while Ard".

    Hmmmm, playback through internal spkrs is full of glitchy dropouts.  Hmmm.

    Hmmm, I think I'm going back to 2.0.5...