[Ardour-Users] why range markers?

DA. Forsyth steampipe at iwr.ru.ac.za
Thu Nov 22 23:52:38 PST 2007

why do range markers exist? (ardour 0.99.3)

I thought 'need to export a range, ok, mark it with range markers, select
said range markers, export'   nope, they're not useful for this.

I ended up putting 'marks' and using the snap to marks snap mode to select
a range, the shift-click to select the other tracks desired in the output.
is this the correct way?
do I also have to select the master track if it contains automation in
order to get the correct expected output?

more confusion, there is no 'snap to range markers' snap mode.
so what exactly are range markers for?

--
David                       http://iwr.ru.ac.za/~iwdf/
If you receive email saying "Send this to everyone you know",