[Ardour-Users] Building Ardour w/VST fails in a chroot environment.

Juanjavier juanjavier at ya.com
Fri Nov 9 11:04:50 PST 2007

Jonathan Stowe wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 16:01 +0100, Juanjavier wrote:
>
>> Jonathan Stowe wrote:

>>> As the message says you are missing the /proc/cpuinfo in your chroot
>>> environment.  You can either symlink the /proc entirely into your chroot
>>> directory or simply create a 'proc' directory in your chroot directory
>>> and do:
>>>
>>>   cat /proc/cpuinfo >proc/cpuinfo
>>>
>> I did cat /proc/cpuinfo > proc/cpuinfo
>>
>> Then this:
>>
>> cat: /proc/cpuinfo: No such file or directory
>>
>> disappears. The rest remains:
>>
>> *******************************
>> detected DIST_TARGET = i686
>> *******************************
>>
>> IndexError: list index out of range:
>>   File "/tmp/ardour-2.1/SConstruct", line 613:
>>     x86_flags = flag_line.split (": ")[1:][0].split ()
>>
>> I am not able to find something relevant by Googling.
>>
>> How could I fix the IndexError: list index.... message?
>>

> What do you get if you do:
>
> cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep '^flags'
>
> at the command line?

An empty file. Anyway I managed to build the program fine in the end.

It was as simple as downloading the tarball source .tar.bz2 from the Ardour web,
instead of apt-get source it from the Debian Unstable source repository.

Inside a chroot environment the tarball source from the web must be downloaded.
Outside the chroot environment deb-src line must be trimmed and apt-get source performed.

Mixing options will not build the program. That was my experience at least.

Thanks for helping.