[ardour-users] [LAU] MIDI connections (BCF2000 <--> ardour)

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Thu May 24 18:23:46 PDT 2007

On 5/24/07, Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc at doink.com> wrote:

> I tried ardour 2.0.2 again with "28:BCF2000"'s "0:BCF2000 MIDI 1"
> output connected to "129:ardour"'s "1:mcu" input and this time I
> get one line of input traced:
>
> mcu input: Channel 3 Pitch Bend 6147
>
> At that point things seem to hang.  If I try to quit ardour I
> get the dialog about saving first or just quitting.  But, after
> selecting to just quit ardour doesn't quit, and I have to ctrl-c.
> Again, communication seems to be hung somewhere, but where?
>
> Any more thoughts folks?

If you have the line in your ardour.rc where it uses the rawmidi
device ("/dev/snd/midiC3D0") there's a good chance you will not also
get it to work with the alsa seq device.  Therefore, you want one or
the other lines in there, not both.  If ardour always puts in the seq
line, even when you already have a port with the same name, that is a
bug in ardour.

jlc