[ardour-users] Ardour 2.0 and BCF2000

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at doink.com
Thu May 17 11:49:47 PDT 2007

On 1 May 2007 at 7:04, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> the default port name "mcu" is now an ALSA sequencer port and
> will need to be explicitly connected to the hardware port where
> your BCF2000 is plugged in. you can use qjackctl's MIDI tab in
> its connect dialog to do this.

I tried a lot of things to get qjackctl to enable the MIDI tab.
I've given up and installed ALSA Patch Bay which shows:

OUTPUTS:

    System::Timer
    System::Announce
    Midi Through::Midi Through Port-0
    Ensoniq AudioPCI::ES1371
    M Audio Delta 1010::M Audio Delta 1010 MIDI
    BCF2000:BCF2000 MIDI 1
    BCF2000:BCF2000 MIDI 2
    ardour::control
    ardour::mcu
    ardour::seq

INPUTS:

    System::Timer
    Midi Through::Midi Through Port-0
    OSS sequencer::Receiver
    Ensoniq AudioPCI::ES1371
    M Audio Delta 1010::M Audio Delta 1010 MIDI
    BCF2000:BCF2000 MIDI 1
    BCF2000:BCF2000 MIDI 2
    BCF2000:BCF2000 MIDI 3
    ardour::control
    ardour::mcu
    ardour::seq

The only things that are connected are:

    System::Announce  <-->  OSS sequencer::Receiver

I'm guessing that I need to connect an ardour output to a BCF2000
input, but I don't know what to connect.  I also suspect that I
need to connect a BCF2000 output to an ardour input, and again I
don't know what to connect.

Could someone please tell me which connections to make?

Since ALSA Patch Bay shows the MIDI inputs & outputs, and qjackctl
doesn't, then does this mean that qjackctl is broken, or that my
setup is somehow inappropriate for qjackctl?

Thanks much....

--
Kevin