[ardour-users] Sound Editing

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Wed May 16 07:39:31 PDT 2007

Am Mittwoch, 16. Mai 2007 schrieb Carlos J. Muentes:
>   I'm new to Ardour, and have begun recording acoustic instruments (e.g.
> guitar).

Welcome on board.

> Everything is working perfectly, and Ardour absolutely rocks, but
> I was wondering if there was a way to edit sections in the timeline for a
> recorded track.  That is, on 'Track 1', can I add sound effects (e.g.
> reverb) or anything of the sort?

Open the mixer. You will see two black boxes which are the pre- and postfader
effectstacks. From their context-menu you can add ladspa/vst/*-effects to the
chain.
These effects will not be computed onto your recording, ie. the raw-data isn't
changed(*). They are running live. If you want to add effects only to certain
parts of your track you either have to look into automation or split your
track into two tracks, one where you put the regions you want to have effect
and the other one for the regions without effect.

Arnold

(*) ardour takes the non-destructive part of "non-destructive editing" rather
strict. After recording your raw-files won't be changed again.
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---