[ardour-users] bwf files broacast wav file

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed May 16 07:15:40 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-16 at 14:49 +0200, . wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 May 2007 03:50, Paul Davis wrote:
> > On Wed, 2007-05-16 at 11:21 +1000, Mat Wall-Smith wrote:
> > > Paul et al.
> > >

> > > Is there a better way of identifying a file type or disabling this
> > > identification.
> > > My sound library is massive and a lot of sound are suffixed with .L .R
> > > or not if mono and more recently the 5.1 suffixes...
> > >

> > > I realize this is a proprietary standard but it is an epic headache to
> > > change these things....is there a work around?
> >
> > no workaround for now, but i just added L, R as potential suffixes to
> > SVN (2.0-ongoing and trunk). i'll make the regexp used to match
> > potential files a config var, then you can adjust it without
> > recompiling.
> >
> > --p
>
> I want to seize the occasion, i just checked on ardour2 to see if its still
> present, and yes, ardour2 won't see file with upper suffixe case
> like .WAV .AIFF and so on.
>
> It happens sometimes that u get a lot of them from old imports or from CDROM
> and cannot use them right now without renaming (wich can be impratical).
>
> Its not totally impossible that u sometimes find a .Wav or a .Aiff either. So
> that would be great if ardour would be able to see suffixe regardless of the
> case combination.

the soundfile browser was modified last night to include two file
selection filters. one is based on probable audio filename suffixes, the
other is a wildcard ("*.*"). if you use svn (2.0-ongoing or trunk), you
can simply switch filters to see *all* your files.

opinions on which filter should be the default are welcome.

--p