[ardour-users] Some newbie questions

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Mon May 7 23:39:41 PDT 2007

Quoting John Emmas <johne53 at tiscali.co.uk>:

> Please can someone answer some dumb questions from a rookie...?
>
> 1)  If I hide a track in Ardour, how do I ever get it back again?

There is a notebook on the right hand side of the track canvas. It has a tab
called "Tracks/Buses", that list has visibility controls.

> 2)  The 'Session' menu doesn't seem to have a 'Save As' option - so if
> I'm
> working on a session, how can I save it under a different name?

Saving a whole session to an entire new location is something we leave for
other utilities like file managers. You can save a snapshot of the session
state to another name within the session.

An .ardour file in a session contains information about the tracks, buses,
routing, processing, regions, playlists and preferences.

The session, by default has an .ardour file which is named according to the
session, so if you have session ZZZ, you will have:

ZZZ/ZZZ.ardour

If you then save a snapshot called YYY, it will be saved as:

ZZZ/YYY.ardour

That snapshot uses the same audio files as the "main" session, thus it is a
very resource cheap operation.

  Sampo