[ardour-users] Ardour2 and LADSPA EQ

John Rigg au at sound-man.co.uk
Thu May 3 14:17:11 PDT 2007

(Sorry if anyone gets this twice, the list server complained about an
implicit destination on first attempt due to a typo)

Just compiled Ardour 2.0. Looks good so far, but I just noticed
a problem with LADSPA triple band parametric with shelves. Any
gain setting on the EQ that is more than a small amount away from zero
causes some kind of internal feedback in the plugin and the output
tries to go full scale at some inaudible frequency (not sure if it's
DC, LF or HF but any of those could be fatal to monitor speakers).
Luckily I only had headphones plugged in with the volume turned down low.
Has anyone else tried this plugin?

The single band parametric works fine BTW. System is Debian Etch amd64.

John