[ardour-users] noise during playback

Jordi Farran jordifarran at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 07:16:43 PDT 2007

On 31/03/07, Sampo Savolainen <v2 at iki.fi> wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-03-31 at 13:29 +0200, Jordi Farran wrote:
> > Dear everybody
> >
> > I have recently installed Ardour 2 on my PC. I want to use it to
> > record directly from the microphone input of my sound card (see
> > hardware details below).
> >
> > I have tried it and everything seems to work fine, but there is one
> > problem: when I listen to the recorded audio (from Ardour), I get
> > irregular noises. I know it is strictly a playback problem (the noise
> > is not generated during recording), as the noise appears different
> > every time I listen to the same recorded audio. In addition, the
> > problem appears to increase when I move or maximize a window, etc...).
> > It is quite bothering for editing purposes!!!
>
> Are you running jackd with realtime privileges? What parameters are you
> using for jack, and which kernel and distro are you running?
>

>   Sampo

No, I am not using realtime in jackd. I believe I need to recompile
the kernel or something to run it with realtime privileges; am I
wrong? About parameters for jackd, I am not sure: I use qjackctl, so I
do not directly using comand line parameters. I am running kernel
2.6.18 (optimized for 686), Debian distribution.
Many thanks,