[ardour-users] donations

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Mar 21 18:14:08 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 21:24 -0400, Justin M. Streiner wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Mar 2007, Taybin Rutkin wrote:
>
> > Mackie doesn't even provide documentation.
>
> I don't know about documentation for the control surface, but
> documentation for their mixers is readily available and I've also found
> their forums to be useful for locating schematics that aren't always easy
> to find.
>
> While I can certainly check, I don't know how willing Mackie would be to
> lend support to what they might view as a competing product to Tracktion,
> etc...

i've already talked at some length to Mackie myself.

they are, believe it or not, even getting a little wary about providing
docs to Steinberg et al, for exactly the reason you allude to. note that
i said "wary", not "refusing to do so". their position on an open source
implementation was even more "wary".

--p