[ardour-users] Ardour on mac or linux

Harold Aling h.aling at home.nl
Wed Mar 21 07:18:43 PDT 2007

Peter Hagen wrote:
> Thanks. I know the machine can handle it. But the issue is the
> hardware to get enough channels. So, you have 2x a pci card for the
> m-audio 1010 installed? and they are connected with a clock thing? And
> alsa is configured to use it as one?
>
> Peter

This can also be accomplished using 2 Terratec EWS88's. With every EWS88
you'll get a small cable that is used to sync the cards to each other.

One card will act as master and one as slave, doubling the in- and
outputs of the card. A friend of mine uses this setup in his studio
using Windows... I don't know how envy24control will cope with more than
one card, but I believe I've read some success stories somewhere...

If you have a limited budget and fairly happy with your current card,
I'd shop for a second hand EWS88...

-H-