[ardour-users] 2.0 beta12 released

Arnold Krille arnold.krille at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 02:53:33 PDT 2007

2007/3/19, Harold Aling <h.aling at home.nl>:
>  Rosegarden uses KDE, which I find very irritating for an application. IMHO,
> applications should use a toolkit, not a desktop environment.

Rosegarden isn't using the "desktop KDE", it is using the toolkit KDE
which is an extension to the toolkit Qt (which is also used by muse).

You can very well run rosegarden on the gnome-desktop (or on fluxbox
or something).
The fact that rosegarden needs kdelibs just tells you that it is using
the toolkit. You don't get a desktop-environment by installing one of
the basic libs. Otherwise I would have gnome just by installing gtk...

Arnold

--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---