[ardour-users] 2.0 beta12 released

Harold Aling h.aling at home.nl
Mon Mar 19 15:07:22 PDT 2007

Taybin Rutkin wrote:
> I think there is a better chance of Ardour supporting midi with
> earlier subscribers to fund development instead of later subscribers
> as a reward.
>
> Taybin
>
>> As soon as Ardour gets full midi support (recording, playback,
>> editing) and replaces my windows-based DAW, you can expect a new
>> Paypal subscriber!
>>

>> Cheers!
>>
>> Harold.

I know, but I'm not wealthy enough to be able to 'pay' for an
application which I'm not using at the moment. I'm an amateur
musician/guitar player who likes to bang in some simple drum pattern
using his Roland TD6 drum module and record that in midi. I use that to
practice or write new material.

This can not be done in Ardour the way I need to do it. Being a really
terrible drummer, I need to edit/clean up/quantize the midi and I may
need to adjust the BPM of it.

Whenever I need to record something, I have to reboot to Windows...
Syncing multiple apps through Jack is not an option. Besides the fact
that i don't like to edit in different apps at the same time, it just
doesn't work flawlessly (dropouts, BPM changes do not work, etc).

So forgive me for not being a subscriber/donator yet...

-H-