[ardour-users] Vocal removal

Brett Clark Brett at ciscoinc.com
Sat Mar 17 13:15:50 PDT 2007

Hello,
  I want to start by saying that i realize that Ardour is a very powerful package for multitrack recording and there are many plugins for doing serious audio work with it.  Normally, i use Ardour for serious work, and its capabilities are the reason that i was approached for this next task.  My daughters dance class is working on a particular song that they all really enjoy.  Unfortunately, it appears that many artists today attempt to push things by adding in unecessary vulgarity at some point or another in a song.  Hence, i have been approached to see if i can use my gear (aka Ardour) to remove some vocals within a song while keeping the background music.  I havent found any LADSPA plugins that do this.  Does anyone know of such a plugin?  Any other ideas or suggestions are also very welcome.

Thanks
--Brett

By the way, i have both 99.3 and Ardour2 (i dont remember which build).