[ardour-users] Export & other problems...

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Mar 4 05:41:53 PST 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-03 at 23:49 -0500, Michael Dunn wrote:
> Hello.  I've just started in with Ardour, and hope to use it for some
> projects, but I'm starting to have doubts.

what version of ardour?

> I managed to record some tracks.  Did an export, but cancelled that
> half-way through.  Now, whenever I try to export again, the program
> crashes before the export window even comes up.  This seems tied to
> the project file, as I can load a different project and it works
> fine.  Go back to the first, and the crashes are back.

please attach the project file
(.../name-of-session/name-of-session.ardour)

> Also noticed that exported AIFFs have the wrong file name (".wav"!).

actually, you get to choose the name, we just don't "correct" it for
you. i'll correct that in ardour2.

> Lastly, I have yet to be able to play back a track without getting
> horrendous distortion - buzzy/metallic - imagine a prepared piano!
> Perhaps even like the upper bits are being discarded.  Who knows...

presumably regular audio playback through your MH gear works fine? what
JACK settings are you using?

--p