[ardour-users] Export & other problems...

Michael Dunn md at cantares.on.ca
Sat Mar 3 20:49:11 PST 2007

Hello.  I've just started in with Ardour, and hope to use it for some
projects, but I'm starting to have doubts.

(G5 Mac OSX, Metric Halo 2408 @24b/96k)

I managed to record some tracks.  Did an export, but cancelled that
half-way through.  Now, whenever I try to export again, the program
crashes before the export window even comes up.  This seems tied to
the project file, as I can load a different project and it works
fine.  Go back to the first, and the crashes are back.

Also noticed that exported AIFFs have the wrong file name (".wav"!).

Lastly, I have yet to be able to play back a track without getting
horrendous distortion - buzzy/metallic - imagine a prepared piano!
Perhaps even like the upper bits are being discarded.  Who knows...

Thx,
Michael