[ardour-users] Ardour, Jack, Freebob and Mackie Control C4

ItsMusic its_music at gmx.de
Sat Jun 23 02:31:00 PDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-06-23 at 11:05 +0200, Arnold Krille wrote:
> Am Samstag, 23. Juni 2007 schrieb ItsMusic:
> > > Could/Have you test(ed) the firepods midi io before? Mine doesn't work...
> > > Not before your email. :)
> > Under Windows + Cubase the MIDI ports are working.
>
> In Windows my midi-in works. midi-out stays silent :-/
>
> > But when I try to record some notes with my synthesizer + rosegarden I
> > can't see anything.
> > However I can see the freebob MIDI ports in qjackctl and connections are
> > set correctly. I'll check first if rosegarden should work in this
> > configuration.
>
> No, please check first if the firepod is working! Do so by starting aseqdump
> on a console, use qjackctl to connect the midi-in-port of the firepod with
> aseqdump and then watch the console for midi-messages. If that works, the
> problem is with rosegarden but I doubt that because I haven't met many people
> with a firepod with working midi...

Yep. aseqdump doesn't show any MIDI messages. I'll check if I have some
MIDI I/F laying around for testing.

BTW; I found this link:

http://osdir.com/ml/drivers.freebob.devel/2006-09/msg00021.html

So at least in earlier versions (freebob+rosegarden) it must have been
working. I'll check with the freebob-list.

Thomas