[ardour-users] Looping Punch-in/out tracks

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Wed Jun 20 18:50:05 PDT 2007

On 6/19/07, Brett Clark <Brett at ciscoinc.com> wrote:
> Okay folks,
>   i probably should have tried this before posting anything, but i went
> and downloaded Ardour 2.0.2 build 1810 tonight.  And as it was building
> i thought about how cool it would have been if it was build 1812.  You know,
> the 1812 overture thing.  Anyway, when i tried this with build 1810 it worked
> fine.  So, no problem here anymore.

Just to be clear, as I'm finishing up general record-while-looping, I
discovered that it does indeed work (in current ardour 2.0.x) with a
loop range surrounding the punch range, but only if you have the
"Rec-enable stays engaged at stop" option enabled.  Furthermore, the
GUI will look correct with JACK transport sync, but with Internal sync
the region drawing during recording will be goofy, but will correct
itself at stop.   Just to make things fun, a bug prevents Rec-enable
from being turned off at all once the "stays engaged" is enabled!

Brett, if you are getting this to work currently without that option,
please let me know, because it seems impossible.

Regardless, I will post a patch for the new loop record stuff for
2.0-ongoing, as it was deemed to "feature-like" to commit to that
branch.  (note that I have not committed my changes anywhere yet)

jlc