[ardour-users] Fwd: [LAU] Ardour: fixing errors in a recorded track (was: DAW usability)

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Sun Jun 17 11:20:08 PDT 2007

On Sun, Jun 17, 2007 at 11:02:40AM -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:

>    Even on Pro Tools it's sort of clunky finding the right take. You
> thought it was number 8 but it turns out it was number 11. There's a
> lot of messing around with playlists and what not. If this feature is
> something others would find useful then possibly we can figure out
> some design goals for the developer types to work toward.

So if it currently results in a stack of regions, this should become
more handable with the new layer rows (I don't recall if those are
only in trunk, or also in ongoing).

But in such a situation, the user is interested in only one of the
takes, all others have to be muted and it would be nice to get them
out of the way easily.
This could be handled with regions with an internal stack to select
from (a region level playlist) via a menu. They would be created
automatically on loop recording, but could be useful elsewhere as
versioned/switchable regions.

--
Thorsten Wilms

Thorwil's Design for Free Software: