[ardour-users] Ardour 2.0 and MCU

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 21:32:26 PDT 2007

Well I have finally gotten the Mackie Control Universal Pro to respond
correctly in Ardour.  Or rather Ardour to respond to it I should say, as
previously I could not get anything on the mackie to effect settings in
Ardour, it was odd, I had to turn OFF the online switch in the Options
editor in order for this to work though next to MCU(And everything else).

I am wondering t hough, if there is a good way to add functionality to
the MCU Pro I have, as there are some things I would like to change and
some things that are not supported.  The Midi Trace works wonders in
finding control numbers I want for things like the scroll wheel, and
various buttons that are not implemented, but I am not sure if I can map
these manually, or if that has to be done in the code which I haven't
looked at yet.  If it has to be done in the code, would it not be
preferable to have some plain text mappings for various control
surfaces, for example there are differences between the BCF and the
Mackie I believe, that might want to be changed(As a random button right
now I tihnk adds markers on my Mackie, I didn't test throughly yet, or
the many controls not implemented in the Mackie), or various things that
might want to be fixed(MUTE and SOLO buttons for instance do not latch
currently, not sure if there is a setting I missed to change that as
they latch correctly in my session)

Anyways I would love to work with whoever to get these implemented.

        Seablade