[ardour-users] portable 2 (or more) channel audio interface recommendations?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 16:48:37 PDT 2007

On 6/4/07, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-06-05 at 00:22 +0100, david headon wrote:
> > Hold the phone!
> > does the HDSP not just do ADAT sync with additional units?
>
> do NOT rely on ADAT sync. 'nuff said.

For clarity I'm not sure which you are talking about. There is 'ADAT
Sync' which happens over the multi-pin electrical cable and there is
syncing over ADAT optical which happens on the light pipe. I have no
problems with the light pipe version other than bad handling of audio
when a frequency change is made. I have no experience with the
traditional ADAT sync which I suspect you are speaking of.

- Mark