[Ardour-Users] Plugins referenced inappropriately by name?

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Tue Jul 24 12:58:06 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-24 at 15:42 -0400, Paul Winkler wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> forwarding this from ardour-dev, wondered if any other users had seen
> problems like this.  For me the problem started when I upgraded the
> CAPS plugin suite from 0.3 to 0.4.2 and suddenly old sessions cannot
> load CAPS plugins.  AFAICT, the problem is with Ardour, not with CAPS.

I've fixed this issue somewhere in the 0.99.x series so that ardour
stores the ladspa id's in the session files and finds the appropriate
plugin using that id. If no id is available, ardour reverts to matching
the name.

Sorry to tell you this, but you need to fix the session file either
manually (rename plugin names or add id's), or revert back to 0.3 of
CAPS and loading and saving the session with 0.99.3 .

  Sampo