[ardour-users] Observations on Mackie Control Protocol using a MCU Pro

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 10:29:55 PDT 2007

Finally figured out what the heck was causing the behavior below.  My
~/.ardour2/ardour.rc file was NOT being overwritten by the ones in
/etc/ardour2

It WAS being overwritten by /opt/etc/ardour2

Apparently when you do a scons --prefix=/opt (In my case to keep program I
compile and install by hand separate from those handled by package
management) it moves the /etc files into /opt as well, was not aware of
that.  So out of curiosity, can that be changed to keep the location of the
system wide configuration files in /etc instead of moving that as well to
/opt?  Or is that an option in scons I completely missed?  For the moment I
created a link from /opt/etc/ardour2 to /etc/ardour2 to compensate, but
would love to not have to do that.

          Seablade