[ardour-users] 48 channels on ardour

John Rigg au at sound-man.co.uk
Wed Jul 18 13:50:07 PDT 2007

On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 12:11:02PM -0300, cristiano scabello wrote:
> Some important questions that I've captured on this discussion:
>
> - Hardware performance and HD configuration.
> - OS requiriments and realtime-kernel-module.
> - Sync S/PDIF worldclock in delta1010 with envy24control (using 1m cable!
> :).

The 1m cables I mentioned are my (non-standard) host cables, one for each
Delta 1010, that connect the pci cards to the breakout boxes containing the
converters. For synchronisation via S/PDIF, 1m is too long if you
care about clock jitter; you need to keep the S/PDIF cables as short as
possible with this particular hardware, eg. 150mm or less.

John