[ardour-users] 48 channels on ardour

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Wed Jul 18 08:45:34 PDT 2007

On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 10:46:56PM -0700, Thomas Vecchione wrote:
> Try to get your System on One HD and your audio on another as a
> minimum,

With two EIDE drives, you also want to be sure they're on separate IDE
channels, and each is the master on its channel.  So I have my main
system on /dev/hda and all my audio on /dev/hdc.  I found that running
audio on a slave (/dev/hdb) was too slow.

You also want to tune each IDE drive with hdparm, at minimum use the
-d flag. If that's not set, your performance will suffer greatly.

> 2 HDs would be better, one for recording to, one for playback,

How do you arrange for that to happen?

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com