[ardour-users] ldd /usr/local/lib/ardour2/ardour-2.0.3?

Dragan Noveski perodog at gmx.net
Tue Jul 10 06:28:51 PDT 2007

Paul Davis wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-07-09 at 18:21 +0200, Dragan Noveski wrote:
>
>> hi list,
>> i just realized, that if i type
>>
>> 'ldd /usr/local/lib/ardour2/ardour-2.0.3' into console, i get a list,
>> with a parts looking like:

>> libardour.so => not found
>>         libardour_cp.so => not found
>>         libgtkmm2ext.so => not found
>>         libmidi++.so => not found
>>         libpbd.so => not found
>>         libgtkmm2.so => not found
>> libgnomecanvasmm.so => not found
>> libsndfile-ardour.so => not found
>> libglibmm2.so => not found
>>         libpangomm.so => not found
>>         libatkmm.so => not found
>>         libgdkmm2.so => not found
>>         libsigc++2.so => not found
>> libsoundtouch.so => not found
>>

>> is this ok?
>> for my understanding (which is not so big) ardour should not be able to
>> start, if it does not find the required shared objects.
>>
>> what should i think about this??
>>

> cat /usr/local/bin/ardour2

ok, thanks for the short answer - if i got it '/usr/local/bin/ardour2'
is a script, which is executing
' /usr/local/lib/ardour2/ardour-2.0.3'.

but still i do not understand, why ldd does not find several .so`s.

otherways, i think now that this might be ok, else i would get another
reaction here!

cheers,
doc