[ardour-users] Export Selection issue

Christopher Bailey zipzappoozoo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 22:08:02 PDT 2007

Does this sound like a bug, or my problem?

(Mac OS X 10.4,  ibook G4, Ardour 2)

I had a simple mix, and I couldn't for the life of me do "Export Selection"
for a longer bit of it (say, more than 30 seconds) without Ardour hanging
and crashing.  (Shorter bits export fine).

Same mix was fine if I moved the Start and End marks to where my selection
was, and Exported Session.

The only out-of-the-ordinary thing about the mix was that I created it as an
"artificial" snapshot algorithmically with my own software.  Would that
cause it to crash?  These "artificial" mixes have worked fine for me
otherwise.

C Bailey