[ardour-users] denormal handling question

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Jul 5 04:35:04 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-05 at 09:25 +0200, Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I just discovered the "denormal handling" settting. Since I have some
> denormal problems (esp with TAP plugins), I'm wondering if this could be
> the solution. Which setting should I go for? Is it all "try them all out
> and see what works" or is there a structured explanation somewhere?

in 2.0.3, processor-based denormal protection is on by default, and is
reported to provide some level of protection (even with the TAP
plugins). however, the few user reports i've had suggest that a much
greater reduction in CPU load when handling signals that would contain
denormal values can be seen when turning on the DC bias option.

--p