[ardour-users] Cannot open any sessions

Matt Savigear mcs_ardour at savigear.com
Tue Jul 3 02:21:59 PDT 2007

Hi,

I suddenly don't seem to be able to open existing sessions with 2.0.2 on
 my AMD64 machine. Some of these have come from a 32 bit machine, but
all the settings and software versions seem to be the same and I have
managed the transfer before (maybe prior to 2.0.2 though).

I get a "session failed to load" error the first time I try it, and a
"could not create butler" _and_ the session failed to load the next
time. Sometimes I get a segfault instead of these two.

Has anybody else seen this? Might it be a problem with XML parsing? I
don't seem to have a problem creating new sessions, just opening them. I
have successfully rebuild ardour to ensure there aren't any connections
to old versions of libraries.

--
Cheers,

Matt.