[ardour-users] RME

david headon davidheadonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 25 06:18:44 PST 2007

The issue many of us soundcard shoppers face is largely M-Audio Delta1010 versus the RME Hammerfall.

THe HDSP 9652 has a breakout cable facility unless you go for the MADI version, which is for Multiface usage.
There are loads of reasonable ADAT-optical based converters out there, but i wonder which is best for money?
The manufacturers of card-box-XYZ are liable to give relatively non-helpful information on their websites - for us JACK/ARDOUR users anyway.

IS there a message board or forum somewhere that is independant of music stores or manufacturers?
Perhaps one that is JACK specific?
i'm hoping to collect an RME card soon, and i want to use the optical ports with whichever is the best AD/DA -ADAT option out there.
I'm assuming the RME will 'see' any ADAT device that is attatched. Is that realistic or over-optimistic?

thank you all for the help this last year as well!!
ardour is abour to get a donation from me, and it'll be money well spent!!

thanx-

dav-0

like the dream I've lived inside,
 like a lifetime flashing in front of my eyes,
 like every good thing
 that i tried
 to find

 The Swimmer - By Steve Banks