[ardour-users] Bash Script for ardour and aconnect

John Anderson ardour at semiosix.com
Sun Jan 14 02:01:49 PST 2007

On Sun, 2007-01-14 at 11:14 +1030, Andrew Johnston wrote:
> I was wondering if anybody could help me write a bash script that I
> could call say 'ardour2mmc' that would launch ardour and then run
> aconnect to connect the midi ports to my hardware, and then once
> ardour quit, disconnect the ports.

Alternatively you can add to your ardour.rc:

<MIDI-port tag="bcf" device="/dev/snd/midiC2D0" type="alsa/raw" mode="duplex"/>

(or whatever you device is)

and make sure that

    <Option name="mmc-port-name" value="bcf"/>
    <Option name="midi-port-name" value="bcf"/>

have value the same as tag in the MIDI-port line.

That way the device is automatically connected when ardour starts. The
downside is that you can't access the port from any other programs while
ardour is running.

bye
John