[ardour-users] Bash Script for ardour and aconnect

Andrew Johnston andyandtaya at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 16:44:01 PST 2007

Hi,
I was wondering if anybody could help me write a bash script that I could
call say 'ardour2mmc' that would launch ardour and then run aconnect to
connect the midi ports to my hardware, and then once ardour quit, disconnect
the ports.  I know the commands needed, but not sure how to make the script
wait for ardour to close before issuing the disconnect commands.  I guess
some kind of 'if then' or 'while' loop is what's needed, but I have no idea
how to make that work.  The aconnect commands I need are as follows
when ardour/ardour2 launches
aconnect -e 129:0 16:0 & acconect -e 16:0 129:0
then when it quits
aconnect -d 129:0 16:0 & aconnect -d 16:0 129:0

Thanks,

Andy J