[ardour-users] ardourvst crashes while using stretch/shrink tool

Dragan Noveski perodog at gmx.net
Mon Jan 8 11:18:53 PST 2007

hi to the list,
months ago ardourvst was crashing here while i tried to use the
shrink/stretch tool.
later i did not experienced this problem anymore, but with the newest
svn, it is there again.

my problem is that running ./ardbg does not work for me anymore, even i
exercised  this allready.

look:

 nowhiskey at murija2:~/software/ardour2/ardour2$ joe scache.conf
DEBUG = 1
DIST_TARGET = 'i686'
FFT_ANALYSIS = 1
PREFIX = '/usr'
VST = 1
TRANZPORT = 'yes'

than:

nowhiskey at murija2:~/software/ardour2/ardour2/gtk2_ardour$ ./ardbg
GNU gdb 6.4.90-debian
conditions.
This GDB was configured as
"i486-linux-gnu"...gtk2_ardour/ardour-2.0beta10: Datei oder Verzeichnis
nicht gefunden.

(gdb) run
Starting program:
No executable file specified.
Use the "file" or "exec-file" command.
(gdb)

the same if i give some arguments to the "run" command (path to the
session).

it looks for me like gdb is missing something:

"i486-linux-gnu"...gtk2_ardour/ardour-2.0beta10: Datei oder Verzeichnis
nicht gefunden.

the last part of this sentence means sth like "file or directory not found"

am i doing sth wrong, or is this another ardour issue?

perhaps the "shrink/stretch tool" issue is already known as broken, if
so, please let me know that.

cheers,
doc