[ardour-users] mixdown to stereo

Brett W. McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 11:02:13 PST 2007

On 2/7/07, Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen at gmail.com> wrote:

> When my song is finished, how do I record it to a stereo wave (note that
> there are soft synths running in realtime generating the music)?
>
> I tried mixing down to a stereo track, but that generates two mono
> files. Is it possible to get a stereo file directly to avoid having to
> merge them manually?
>
> How about the export session to audio file? That won't bring in the soft
> synths, right?
>
> So how do you generate a stereo wave of a project?

You should be able to export the session to a stereo WAV... however,
not sure about the soft-synths, since the mixdown isn't in realtime.
Usually I record the softsynths down individual audio tracks first (so
I can perform any automation and such), and then mix everything down
via the session export. Regardless, you do need to make sure any
sequencers you are using are synced with ardour.

-- Brett