[ardour-users] limits.conf WARNING

Dragan Noveski perodog at gmx.net
Thu Feb 1 17:06:19 PST 2007

Geoff Beasley wrote:
> On Friday 02 February 2007 10:29, Dan Tepper wrote:
>
>> I get this same warning, however, everything in my
>> /etc/security/limits.conf is commented out.
>>

> i think you'll need to add your user and the security variable you want as
> follows:
>
> @user(whatever that is)  <type> refers to the hard (lower) or soft (higher)
> level of setting for the item, <item> refers to the kind of option you wish
> to control, and the <value> is obvous.
>
> for me i have my memlock set to the following:
> @root(tut tut !)      -       memlock    750000
>
> don't forget the "open files" limit if you do big projects.
>
> @root       soft            nolimit    4096
> @root      hard            nolimit    8192
>
> hth,
>
> g.

so i extended the limits.conf file here now:

 @audio - rtprio 99
@audio - memlock 500000
@audio - nice -10
@audio   soft            nolimit    4096
@audio   hard            nolimit    8192

but still there is that warning.

as i understood sampo, it is not bad at all, its only a warning about a
existing of an maximum of memlock. but in the never svn, i get now the
warning not only in the terminal, but there is an extra window appearing
before the ardourvst session opens.

cheers,
doc