[Ardour-Users] best of both worlds

m.eik michalke m at openmusiccontest.org
Fri Aug 24 09:28:29 PDT 2007

hello,

i was wondering who's in charge of the manual? the contribution draft could
use some information whom to contact, after all ;-)

actually i was searching for a pdf, as some people did before me, obviously.
bsbdeb posted one made from the html version on the web lately:
 o http://ardour.org/node/1188

i tried dblatex to convert the docbook sources directly, but unfortunately
that didn't work, so i imported its plain text into LyX. it took some time,
but even if the manual is far from complete, i really think it's useful to
have a printed version flying around in your rehearsal space, sonic
laboratory, whatever. if you prefer paper, too, you might like this one:
 o http://reaktanz.de/stuff/ardour_manual.pdf
   (some hyperlinks are still missing, and the code parts need some
    adjustments, too; but it's fairly representing the state of the online
    version)

as long as creating pdf from docbook is not implemented, i'm offering to
maintain this pdf version, if someone informs me about changes somehow. and
given that anyone finds this as useful as i do...

i have some additional questions and suggestions to make, but first i'd like
to learn who's to address :o) and of course, i'm open to suggestions as well.

viele gruesse :: m.eik

--
::: open music contest   :: eine initiative des asta marburg
 :: m.eik michalke        : organisation & chief evangelist
  : 35037 marburg         : m at openmusiccontest.org