[Ardour-Users] smp questions etc

Matthew Polashek matt at tinysongs.com
Mon Aug 20 19:04:06 PDT 2007

Ok, I'm throwing together a new box in which I will install
UbuntuStudio with the intention of using it as a live processing rig
for live performance using PD.  I'm interested in discovering whether
it makes more sense to get a Core 2 Quad processor that runs with a
bus speed of 1066 or a Core 2 Duo processor that runs with a bus
speed of 1333.  The idea is to reduce latency as much as possible.
I'll get I/O via a RME 9652 and a couple Behringer ADA8000 units.
Also, any thoughts on how ram speed plays into this equation?  I'm
looking at the Intel dg33fb board.

Matthew Polashek
Home: 732.424.6153
Cell: 908.642.5770