[Ardour-Users] ardour2 as root only?

Sun Aug 19 03:25:23 PDT 2007

L.S.,

  Ardour-2.0.5 looks very promising compared to Ardour-0.99.3 and I
wanted to give it a try :) I compiled the source with 'scons' and
installed it with 'scons install'. However I can not get it to work as a
normal user and it does not want to connect to jack when run with
qjackctl.
  Ardour-0.99.3 works like a charm with very low latency (2.9ms) with no
problems at all. What am I missing here?

When I start 'ardour2' from the command-line as user. It starts its own
jack, after which it simply stops running.