[Ardour-Users] FW: boost libs

Lieven Moors lievenmoors at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 17 15:46:35 PDT 2007

Thanks for clearing that up. I assume know that I can leave out all the libraries thatneed extra compilation. I've seen that headers are being installed. If this is true (and there areno extra dependencies), then ardour doesn't recognize that the headers are installed.I see that boost installes the headers in /usr/include/boost-1_34_1/boost by default (--prefix=/usr),which might explain the problem. But when I change the boost section in the SConstruct file so that it points to /usr/include/boost-1_34_1/, compilation of ardour starts, but fails at a later stage.As I see the errors, I think it cannot find the headers later on in the process.I'm not shure if this is the right way of doing things. I would appreciate any help.greetsLievenPS: I've no idea how to solve the word wrapping issue.I hope this one will be allright.> Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 14:07:44 -0400> From: taybin at penguinsounds.org> To: ardour-users at lists.ardour.org> Subject: Re: [Ardour-Users] FW:  boost libs> > On Thu, August 16, 2007 12:08 pm, Lieven Moors wrote:> > > This is not true. Installing boost from source takes more than 328 Megs !> > (I don't know how much more)That is, if you don't specify which libraries> > it should leave out with the --without-libraries switch to configure.The> > That is exactly what you should specify.  AFAIK, Ardour only needs the> headers.> > Also, your emails seem to have some word wrapping issues.  They're a> little hard to read. :)> > Taybin> > _______________________________________________> Ardour-Users mailing list> ardour-users at lists.ardour.org> http://lists.ardour.org/listinfo.cgi/ardour-users-ardour.org