[Ardour-Users] (no subject)

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Sun Aug 12 04:14:50 PDT 2007

Am Samstag, 11. August 2007 schrieben Sie:
> I've seen you posting on the Ardour users group a few times.  I don't know
> if it's just me having this problem - but whenever you post anything, your
> email body is invariably empty.  To read your comments I always need to
> open a separate file attached to your email - which is something I don't
> really like doing.
> Is this something to do with your email package (or the way you'ge got it
> set up?).  I've seen this kind of thing before with people using Macs.
> Often they aren't aware of the problem - but I think it can be fixed so
> that your emails appear 'normal' to other readers.

The problem is that _your_ mail-program is not standards compliant. In fact
from your comment I know (without looking at the header of your email) that
you are using outlook (-express). Please do yourself a favor and upgrade to a
mailer that is standard compliant. Probably every other app you can use for
email also has less bugs and less security holes. (firebird for example is
available for windows, free and far more secure...) And please don't refuse
this because you fear the change, every time I hear that argument the very
same people are the first to switch on to the next MS version even if this
means they have to relearn everything. Only switching to some _really_ better
alternatives is for them out of the question because of the "big" change...

And, yes I am not aware of this problem, because its not my problem but yours.

> Hope you don't mind me mentioning it.

Hope you don't mind me ranting about the windows and its users. :-)

Have a nice week,

Arnold
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/