[Ardour-Users] Crash when moving meter change (was: Ardour 2.0.5 released)

h.aling at home.nl h.aling at home.nl
Tue Aug 7 12:35:06 PDT 2007

---- Steven Chamberlain <steven at pyro.eu.org> schrijft:
> h.aling at home.nl wrote:
> > 1 Create a new project
> > 2 Add an audio track
> > 3 record some silence
> > 4 create a new meter in your project (for example a 3/4 beat somewhere in your project)
> > 5 drag and drop the meter somewhere
>
> > "subgraph starting at ardour timed out (subgraph_wait_fd=12, status = 0, state = Triggered)
> > **** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 0.039 msecs
>
> Strange, this is from JACK, but maybe the process callback in Ardour
> locks up...
>
> > cannot read event response from client [ardour] (Connection reset by peer)
> > bad status for client event handling (type = 8)
> > cannot send event to client [ardour] (Broken pipe)
> > bad status for client event handling (type = 8)
> > Illegal instruction (core dumped)"
>
> > Can anyone reproduce this error? (I'm on Ubuntu 7.04)
>
> I am following 2.0-ongoing SVN, which I believe is the same code as
> 2.0.5 so far.  I had a go, and I couldn't reproduce this by following
> those steps after three attempts.  Does it happen *every* time, for you?

Jep.

I've got some sort of backtrace...

[Switching to Thread -1238415664 (LWP 19436)]
0x0855c338 in idle_delete<Marker> (obj=0xb3d91e40) at libs/gtkmm2ext/gtkmm2ext/doi.h:27
27      template<typename T> gint idle_delete (T *obj) { delete obj; return FALSE; }
(gdb) jackd watchdog: timeout - killing jackd

Running gdb again with the core file got me this:

GNU gdb 6.6-debian
This GDB was configured as "i486-linux-gnu"...
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/tls/i686/cmov/libthread_db.so.1".

warning: core file may not match specified executable file.
Core was generated by `/usr/bin/jackd -T -ndefault -R -P80 -dalsa -dhw:1 -r44100 -p128 -n2'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
#0  0xffffe410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
(gdb) thread apply all bt

Thread 5 (process 19556):
#0  0xffffe410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()