[Ardour-Users] Crash when moving meter change

Christophe Combelles ccomb at free.fr
Fri Aug 3 15:59:19 PDT 2007

Paul Davis a écrit :
> On Sat, 2007-08-04 at 00:38 +0200, Christophe Combelles wrote:
>> Steven Chamberlain a écrit :
>> I can't reproduce it, however I've noticed that the "apply" button of the meter
>> creation dialog is disabled, and I need to change it to be able to create the meter.
>> The same thing applies to the beat creation dialog
>
> entirely on purpose. we don't a section of 4/4 followed by another
> section of .... 4/4. ditto for tempo.
>
> hence, the dialog forces you to enter a new value in the hope that it
> will be different :)
>
> if it gets part of this logic wrong, its a more subtle bug rather than a
> mistake that the button is insensitive.

Ok, not a bug but a feature. :)

I've finally succeeded in reproducing the problem with meter drag.
I don't have a crash, but a complete freeze of the mouse actions.
The mouse cursor is blocked as a handle, and the only way to get out of this is
to exit with the keyboard (Ctrl-Q, Alt-F4, or so)

To reproduce it, I just have to double-click on the meter number.
Not on the meter itself, just at its right.

Christophe

(using 2.0.4 on debian sid)