[Ardour-Users] Ardour 2.0.5 released

h.aling at home.nl h.aling at home.nl
Fri Aug 3 15:21:28 PDT 2007

---- Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc at doink.com> schrijft:

> Builds and runs here OK.  I haven't looked at BCF stuff yet.

Me neither, but Ardour crashes here on some very simple actions:

1 Create a new project
2 Add an audio track
3 record some silence
4 create a new meter in your project (for example a 3/4 beat somewhere in your project)
5 drag and drop the meter somewhere

"subgraph starting at ardour timed out (subgraph_wait_fd=12, status = 0, state = Triggered)

**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 0.039 msecs

cannot read event response from client [ardour] (Connection reset by peer)
bad status for client event handling (type = 8)
cannot send event to client [ardour] (Broken pipe)
bad status for client event handling (type = 8)
Illegal instruction (core dumped)"

Can anyone reproduce this error? (I'm on Ubuntu 7.04)

I'll rebuild Ardour with debugging symbols early next week to send in a backtrace. I've already created a bug report for this issue: http://tracker.ardour.org/view.php?id=1753

Cheers!

Harold.