[Ardour-Users] BCF2000 and Mackie: quick poll

Giso Grimm gg3137 at vegri.net
Thu Aug 2 14:53:31 PDT 2007

Hi John (and all others),

Tranzport and BCF2000 (MCU-mode) work perfectly well simultaneously,
changes of one device show immedately on the other device (I still do
have some problems with Tranzport, but that is another story).

Following your hint and after some search in the lists I found that for
MCU-mode I have to change the line

<MIDI-port tag="mcu" device="ardour" type="alsa/sequencer" mode="duplex"/>

<MIDI-port tag="mcu" device="/dev/snd/midi2" type="alsa/raw" mode="duplex"/>

in the file /etc/ardour2/ardour_system.rc. Changes in any other
configuration file will be overwritten by ardour or ignored.

About the 'jog wheel' on the BCF: If I understand it correctly the
playback speed is related to the turning speed of the wheel. This is
quite coarse on the BCF, and not really usable. There it might be better
to be able to have the speed be related to the turning angle (turning to
the right/left = increasing/decreasing speed, not time), as in the
shuttle mode of the Tranzport, where I really like and use that mode
(observations on 2.0.3).

Best regards,

  Giso

PS: I use ardour for professional work without many problems. Only
severe bug in a professional recording session was with 0.99.3 (to many
open file descriptors), which took me more than an hour to work around,
giving the muscians an unwanted coffee break.