[Ardour-Users] Struggling to do anything at all

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Thu Aug 2 09:04:50 PDT 2007

Raising my voice as well:

Am Donnerstag, 2. August 2007 schrieb Dan Tepper:
> Um, shouldn't you guys be using the stable releases and not the SVN
> versions?

Very good question indeed.

> I use 2.0.3 all day and never have problems. I do "real" work with it. I
> interface with audio and midi devices. I also use surfaces (via USB
> midi) without issue. For me Ardour is very stable, and I throw a lot at it.

I am even more amazed by the stability of 0.99.3. I am using it since it
reached market, sure I have crashes every now and then but most of the time
it just works or the cause of the crashes is something different (like me not
deactivating cpu-throttling).

(I don't want to switch to ardour2 because the project started on ardour1 and
recording-stage isn't finished yet. Maybe for mastering.)

Anyways, Paul et al., keep up the good work! There are definitely more people
using ardour (semi-)professionally then some single complaints might say.

Arnold
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---