[Ardour-Users] Jack problems in Fiesty PPC

Matthew Polashek matt at tinysongs.com
Wed Aug 1 18:20:58 PDT 2007

Jack didn't really launch.  It didn't show up in ardour.  I had to CLT-C
out of the terminal.

matthew at matthew-laptop:/usr/src$ jackd -d alsa -d plughw:0 -p 1024 -n 16
-S -r 44100 -P
jackd 0.102.20
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

apparent rate = 44100
creating alsa driver ... plughw:0|-|1024|16|44100|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|16bit
control device hw:0
configuring for 44100Hz, period = 1024 frames, buffer = 16 periods
ALSA: final selected sample format for playback: 16bit little-endian
You appear to be using the ALSA software "plug" layer, probably
a result of using the "default" ALSA device. This is less
efficient than it could be. Consider using a hardware device
instead rather than using the plug layer. Usually the name of the
hardware device that corresponds to the first soun
ALSA: use 16 periods for playback
jack main caught signal 2
no message buffer overruns